Saturday, June 27, 2009

A few of baby's first things

This is the baby's first gift :) It's from my nephew Parker. He gave it to me the day my dad passed away when we were all still hoping for a girl. Thank you Peanut! (the funny thing is, this character's name is Zoe, and that was the name we would've chosen if it was a girl)
The first thing I bought for the baby was his diaper bag :) I actually bought it 2 days before the ultrasound but it works for either a boy or girl. Now I'm just trying to fight the urge to buy everything else before my baby showers.
Memorial Day we went crib shopping and picked out his AWESOME crib. It kind of matches our bed :) It’s a “forever bed” so it converts into a toddler bed and then a really nice full size bed. It's a pretty expensive crib, but luckily we waited to purchase it because last week my friend Courtney told me she heard USA Baby was having a one day sale on Saturday. So we went to check it out and the crib was half off!! I can't wait to get it all setup in the nursery :) Thanks Courtney!!

This is what it will look like when it's a full size bed

Here is the first quilt I'm making for my new little man. Lynzie helped me pick out the fabric and Kae (Lynzie's mother-in-law) supervised while I cut the fabric. It's going to be a simple quilt but I wanted to start easy :) I haven't sewed in awhile. After this I will be attempting to make his crib bedding with my "mother-in-law" Ethelyn's help. I have yet to pick out the fabric as I can't decide on a pattern. Thanks Lynz! I need to come sew some more this week and then start on more projects :)
I've decided on Green, Blue and White as the main colors for the nursery, so I was pretty excited when I found this glider/rocker & ottoman in green! It matched perfectly with a pillow I had bought prior. Its super comfy which will be nice for late night feedings. Now if I can just get John to take it out of our living room & into the nursery ;) He and Homer J have both started taking it over :)

What?

2 comments:

Michael and Morgan said...

I am so excited for you! I bet that getting all of the nursery stuff ready is so much fun! You will have to let me know when your shower is.

Destini said...

Very cute. I love it all. If you need any help let me know....I will see if I can find someone to help you, lol.