Friday, May 23, 2008

Remembering Ryan Stark

Today is always a day of remembrance and reflection for my family and I. 5 years ago today my cousin, Ryan Stark, was killed in an accident at the Tooele Army Depot while serving on active duty for Operation Noble Eagle. He was 27 yrs old. Losing Ryan has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to cope with in my life. He left behind his wife, Cami, and two boys, Cameron and Crew. At times it feels like it was only yesterday as I miss him more and more each year. Ryan was one of those guys that you would always want around. He made everyone smile and laugh and he loved his family with all his heart. The Stark boys have always been more like brothers to me than cousins. I miss Ryan so very much, but I’m so grateful that he was a part of our family. You never know what will happen in life, so don’t ever take anything for granted and never miss out on the opportunity to tell someone how much they mean to you. Love ya Ry!









This is a poem that my cousin Ryan Stark sent me while he was on his mission:

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victors cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

No comments: