Thursday, April 16, 2009

My daddy went to the Temple

Last Saturday was a bad day for weather and pictures, but a GREAT day for my dad. He and my step-mom got sealed in the Mt Timpanogos Temple :) They have been married for 28 years and this was one of the last things that my dad wanted to do and accomplish. Luckily, we had some insight from my dad's hospice nurse, Jason, and had the sealing a week before originally scheduled. Jason also helped us with my dad's medication & schedule of meds so that we could have the best possible day with my dad. And it was an amazing day. My dad must've saved all the energy he had for that day because it was a really busy & long day but he held up wonderfully. Everyone that was inside said it was beautiful and the sealing was the most emotional sealing they'd ever been too. After their sealing, my little sister Gia and her husband Tim also got sealed :) We then took some family pictures outside the temple by a photographer I found and who offered to take our families pictures for free :) It was rainy and gloomy, but I'm glad we took some anyway.
After pictures I thought for sure my dad would be completely wiped out but he said he wanted to go out to eat at Chili's :) So we went to Chili's and had what would be our last dinner out with my dad. It was a special day and I'm so thankful that my dad had the energy and was the most lucid that he's been in a while. Thank you Jason!! It would'nt have happened without you! And thank you Stephanie for the pictures!!

Daddy & his kids

My mom & dadAwwwwMe & my daddy You did it dad! You said you'd do it and you did!!

No comments: