Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday.......and his viewing. He passed away Sunday morning about 8:15am while I was holding his hand and sitting by his side. I hated seeing my dad struggle and in so much pain and prayed so hard all night long for Heavenly Father to please take him so he wouldn't suffer anymore. But when the time came, it was more than I could bare and I wanted him back. I am so thankful I have a strong family and we rallied together to make his viewing extra special and a little bit of a "party". I made a CD of my dad's favorite songs, we had a video playing of pictures of my dad, balloons, birthday cards, birthday cake, several pictures displayed, his quilt that we made for him years ago, and my dad's favorite candy & treats (Whoppers, Hot Tamales, Twinkies, and wafers). My family gathered before the viewing started and we sang "Happy Birthday" to my dad. I know our little "party" probably didn't even compare to the celebration he's having in Heaven, but we had to do something to celebrate our dad, as hard as it was. I love you daddy and I'm going to miss you more than I can even imagine. Happy Birthday!!!

(Thank you to my amazing family, to John for being my rock, John's mom Ethelyn who fixed my dad's quilt for the viewing, and Lynzie who brought the digital frame to me even though she hates viewings.)

1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

I DO! I HATE viewings but it's my job to be there for you :) I love you and I'm sorry about your dad.