Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

I started my 4th of July weekend on Friday by hanging out with my mom, my nephew Jake and my Grandma who was visiting from Arizona. We had lunch and then went to the Freedom Festival in Provo. It was fun, but really hot so I had a snowcone to help cool me down :)

Saturday we took the dogs to Murray park for a walk and swim :) Amos became a sideshow as people started stopping and would watch him jump in the water and swim to get his ball and bring it back over and over again. Kids thought it was the neatest thing ever. That night we went to Sugarhouse Park to watch their last firework show. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I LOVE fireworks so John puts up with the crowds and traffic to make me happy :) I'm glad that fireworks don't bother our boys. Homer doesn't LOVE them and he sits really close to me, but he doesn't cry or anything. They don't even phase Amos a bit.

Sunday we had our first Erickson Dutch Oven Cookoff! John, his sister and his mom were the chef's and each prepared a dutch oven dish. John made yummy wontons, Jocelyn (his sister) made cheesy potatoes, and his mom made a pineapple upside down cake. After a little incident with the wontons, all the dishes came out great and were delicious!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Your 4th sounded fun! We were gonna go to Sugar House Park too but ended up staying in Sandy. :) I bet the show was so good!