Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weston's Navajo Baby Blessing

Thanks again Kim for designing the blessing invitation! I luv it!!



Sunday we had Weston's Navajo Baby Blessing and held it at my mom's office building. My mom had a Navajo Medicine Man by the name of Julius Chavez do the blessing. He is a very nice man and helped give Weston his Navajo name. My mom was talking to Julius about Weston and was telling him about when he was in my belly and would hide from the nurses every time they tried to take his heart rate. One time the nurse was having a hard time finding him and when she did, Weston kicked right where the monitor was and then moved so that she couldn't hear his heartbeat anymore. He kicked so hard that it moved the monitor!! She laughed so hard :) Anyway, after hearing about this, Julius was walking outside into a parking lot and there was a dust twister that moved right by him and the name just came to him like it was in the wind. I don't know how to spell it in Navajo, but it basically means "Stealthy Warrior" or "Sneaky Warrior". Julius sang several sacred songs for Weston and then John and I talked about what we wish for our cute little boy. I got very emotional, especially when I talked about my dad. Losing my dad was the hardest thing I've ever had to go through and I know I wouldn't have been able to get thru it without Weston. The ceremony was very nice and afterwards we had Navajo Tacos :)


1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

It was the most beautiful blessing ever. Thanks for including us :) We love you guys!!!