Monday, July 21, 2008

I loathe the packing

The countdown is almost up! About a week and a half ago John made a moving countdown chain with my scrapbook paper to countdown the days until we move. He is so excited and smiles each and every time he packs a box. I on the other hand realized, once again, how much I really hate packing. The only motivation for me to keep going and packing up all our crap is the excitement of the new house. I don't mind UN-packing, it's just the packing part that I can't stand. I'm reminded of how many times I've had to do this in my lifetime (8 that I can remember....not that I'm counting). And that doesn't count the few times we moved when I was little and don't remember, and the several times my brothers and sisters have moved and I've helped. I don't even mind the moving part so much (unless there are a million stairs like we have now), it's really just the packing part. I think it's because I'm such a perfectionist and I like things to fit just right and be organized a certain way that it takes me longer. John says I'm complicating the whole process. He grabs a box, puts whatever he sees in the box and tapes it up. It drives me crazy watching him because I want to tear it open and re-pack it. I guess he's right, I am complicating it. So in an effort to not be so complicated, we had to have a little fun with packing and tease the boys because they haven't been much help. They seem a little scared at what's going on. Only 3 days left!!

2 comments:

Rasmussens said...

I know what you mean. They totally know you're up to something they just haven't figured out WHAT yet, they will and your boys are going to be SO happy about it!!! "YEAH! A YARD! AND A PARK BY CHEVY LYNN!!! WAHOO!!!"

Rasmussens said...

I'm not sure how much of a "moving buffer" you get but I think you're pushing it! Updated your Blog!!!