Thursday, July 31, 2008

24th of July = Moving Day

So our 24th of July this year was tons of fun and full of excitement!....NOT! Our 24th (my day off) was spent moving into our new house. So I guess it had some excitement but I wouldn't call it fun. John ended up having to work that day because of several meetings that he had to attend. So I got the wonderful task of moving by myself. We hired movers so it's not like I had to move ALL our stuff up and down the stairs and to our new house alone. But there were still things I had to move myself, plus I had to direct the movers, make sure they got everything done, and deal with all the stress that comes with moving by myself. So I got up early that morning, completely loaded my truck to the max, drove to Starbucks, then drove to the new house and unloaded. I made it back to the apartment just as the movers got there. They arrived at about 10:15am and we finally left for the new house at about 12:45. It took them 2.5 hours to go up and down all 52 steps to load all our crap into their van. I was actually impressed. It would've taken us days. They even moved some other things that weren't originally planned so I took them to Rumbi and bought them lunch :) I know they were paid to move our stuff, but I still felt bad watching them move heavy boxes and furniture down 52 steps and then walking back up for more. Plus they were really great & funny guys and we actually had some fun. After lunch, my amazing friend Lynzie, who ended up getting the day off as well, graciously came to help & support me. It took the movers about an hour to unload all the stuff (no stairs) and Lynzie helped me unpack. When John got home we went to dinner at Famous Dave's to celebrate. It was a long day and I was completely exhausted. I couldn't have survived without Lynzie's help! Thanks baby!! It will be your turn to move into your new house next week and I'll be there for you :) (I was too busy running all over that I didn't get any pics of moving day. But pics of the new digs will be coming soon...after I get everything put together.)

No comments: