Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dog Chase

Ok, so we have REALLY loved our new house and REALLY love the yard for the boys to play in. The boys have loved the yard even more than we do since they have so much freedom to run around and play. However this past Thursday, they must've felt like they needed a little bit more freedom and took themselves on a walk and sent me on a heart pounding 25 minute dog chase.
When I got home from work, I pulled into the garage and closed the gate in the driveway. I then let the boys outside as usual. After about 8 minutes I walked outside to give the boys water and.....they were gone! The fence in the driveway was cracked open. I must not have put the latch all the way down and they were able to break thru. I panicked! They don't have tags yet! We were going to do that this weekend! (At the apartment they always had to be on a leash so we didn't have tags on them). I ran to the front yard yelling for them and they were no where to be seen. I ran inside, grabbed my keys and phone, jumped in the truck and started driving around the block. The only thing I could think of to settle my mind was that they hadn't been hit by a vehicle on our street so they must be safe somewhere. I called John's work # a million times and no answer. I went around the block & back to my house when Lynzie happened to call me. I answered the phone "I'm in big trouble...the boys are gone!" And without hesitation she replied "I'm on my way". I alternated searching in my truck and running on foot yelling. After a few minutes (which seemed like hours) John got home & I told him what happened. He left to drive around the neighborhoods & Lynzie went driving around too. FINALLY....Lynzie called & said she found them!! They were at some sweet old lady's house around the block. When Lynzie called them, they ran up the old woman's porch where she was sitting and sat by her side. I pulled up and tried to be stern but was SO happy & relieved to have them back that I couldn't help but hug them. I was very happy that they stuck together and that they were safe. THANK YOU AUNT LYNZIE FOR FINDING US! (The next day we went and got both of them tags)

1 comment:

Destini said...

So scary, I am glad you found them. I had a dog that would run away and I hated the fear of finding him on the side of the road. Good thing for great friends.