Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yard Sale day!

For the past month or so I have been trying to have a yard sale at my mom's house with my family. And Saturday morning we FINALLY did it!! I went to my mom's house Friday to help clear out her EXTREMELY cluttered garage and get all the stuff ready & setup. My mom's 1-car garage became a catch all for all her own stuff, my stuff and all of my sibling's stuff. You couldn't even move around without tripping over something, let alone try and park in the garage. It took several hours but my mom & I got it all done. I wish I had a before & after picture!! Saturday morning about 7:30am, I took 2 of my nephews around to post flyers and/or posterboards and at 8am the Yard Sale started. We had sold more than half our stuff by 9:50am!! It was really busy and we were all making deals and getting rid of stuff left and right. It was so great! I had crap that I forgot I had and don't remember why I ever bought. We all made some pretty good money, especially my brother who sold a ton of his tools & equipment that he had when he was a finished carpenter. My mom sold a lot of furniture and I sold A LOT of frames, cheesy knicknacks, purses, clothes, stuffed animals & kitchenware. It was a successful Yard Sale!!
I forgot I had my camera, so the picture above was taken after we had already sold a ton of stuff.)

1 comment:

Destini said...

It's always nice to make money off the things yo forget you have. Lokks like it was a hit, way to go! I love having yard sales.