Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School shopping

Last Friday afternoon, a few of the girls from work and I did some "Back to School" shopping for the kids at The Christmas Box House as part of our volunteer work. Terri, Barb, Courtney & I went to Wal-Mart and we shopped for clothes & shoes in a variety of sizes for both boys & girls and we had so much fun doing it! I particularly had a lot of fun shopping for the girls. I have 9 nephews and no neices so it was one of the few times I actually got to shop for a girl. Afterwards we headed to The Christmas Box House to deliver the bags of clothes & shoes. When we arrived we had to wait a few minutes for our contact person, and we got to see first hand a child being brought in. It was a little heartbreaking, but it just re-inforced our reason & passion for what we are doing. They were very happy & grateful for the donation, and we were just as happy to be able to do this for them. While we were there we signed up to decorate their Tree in December. I am SO excited for this project and can't wait to do it. We even started brainstorming on the way back to work on ideas for the theme of the tree. (Any and all ideas are welcome.) A special thanks to Wal-Mart for giving us a 10% discount!!

2 comments:

Destini said...

Geez I am upset I missed that one I wanted to go too. But I to can't wait until we get our hands on the tree. I love decorating trees. We must get together to brainstorm. I think we may be the two creative ones, Lol!!

Rasmussens said...

:( I wanna work with you! My office SUCKS!!!