Thursday, August 21, 2008

John & Baby Hurley

Last Friday night John & I went to Desiree & Buzz' house to visit the new baby, Hurley. When we arrived, Hurley was in a "suitcase" with bright blue lights to treat his Jaundice. John, who has not been around babies, asked why Hurley was "tanning". Buzz joked that he wasn't brown enough to be a Navajo so they had to start "browning" him up. LOL!
After holding Hurley for quite awhile, I casually passed him off to John who finally held a baby for the first time!! I knew he was nervous that I would ask him to hold Hurley, so instead I placed Hurley in his arms without saying anything & without warning. He was a natural, and even though he won't EVER admit it, I think he actually enjoyed it :) He held him for quite awhile and just kept staring at him and petting his head. He couldn't believe how soft babies are. We all kept talking but I noticed John just kept looking at baby Hurley. It was very sweet :) It ALMOST made me want one....but only almost.
John & Hurley
My sister, Desiree, and her new baby boy

New pics posted below that I took from the hospital...

1 comment:

Rasmussens said...

I cannot believe he had never held a baby before... Does he live in a box??? :)