Friday, August 8, 2008

Karaoke

Thursday night I did something I thought I would never do.....KARAOKE!! And not just at a friend's house with people I'm comfortable with, no it was at a crowded bar with tons of people I don't know. I'm the kind of person that doesn't like being in front of a crowd of people and having all eye's on me. In High School I would get sick to my stomache when I had to give a book report. But I always thought karaoke looked fun and have always wanted to try it. So last Thursday night my friend Michelle, made me get up in front of everyone and sing with her and a few other girls. It wasn't so bad with a group of us and I had a ton of fun doing it. We sang "Cowboy" by Kid Rock and we were horrible!! LOL! Even with the words on the screen we still didn't get all the words out. I think we were laughing half the time. It was kind of like Cameron Diaz singing karaoke in "My Best Friend's Wedding". She sucked but everyone cheered anyway. That was us. Except in the movie Cameron Diaz couldn't carry a tone, with us it was more because we didn't know the words like we thought we did. Luckily no one cared, people still cheered, and half the place was singing along so it didn't matter. It was fun and we were at least entertaining. We even got the nerve to sing another song, "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood and we weren't half bad. Good Times :) Now I can finally say I've karaoked! I just wish I got a picture of me doing it for proof.

No comments: