Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day! Zoo & Cascade Springs

Since I am about ready to pop and my back is hurting more and more each day, we couldn't go on any kind of trip for Labor Day weekend. I really wanted to go to the Grand Canyon or camping or something fun like that. Instead we stayed home and hung out with family, which turned out to be pretty nice. Sunday we went to the Zoo with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday. We saw all the cute new babies, except for the elephant :( They had a baby giraffe, tigers, snow leopard and orangutan. They were SO cute! Afterwards we had lunch at Chuck-A-Rama.
Monday we took the dogs and went for a drive thru Provo Canyon and up to Cascade Springs with my mom, my brother Shane, his girlfriend Johanna, and her 2 kids. We stopped and had a nice picnic, and then we hiked all around the springs. The weather up the mountain was perfect. And even though my back hurts, it's nice to get out and move around. Afterwards we went to John's parents and had a yummy prime rib dinner :)

No comments: