Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

As it is with every family holiday, its a little chaotic because I have 3 families + John's. And because my family has grown so much, my dad's side of the family has been doing a Thanksgiving Breakfast for the past few years. So we started our eating frenzy of a day by going to my dad's house at 8:30am for a yummy breakfast of sausage biscuits & gravy and breakfast burritos. Afterwards we visited while looking through the ads and mapping out our Black Friday. We then went to my mama's house and I set the tables and helped my mama finish making our Thanksgiving Lunch. She & my sister Leigh had drove to Arizona the week before to pickup my Grandma Dorothy, my Uncle Curtis & my cousin Josh's daughter and brought them to Utah for Thanksgiving. So we had 14 of us for lunch, and we were only missing one of my brothers & his family of 6. We had a good time eating Turkey, potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing, rolls & of course watching football. We then went home for a few hours to let the boys out before heading to John's parents for Thanksgiving Dinner. We're lucky enough to have his whole family together, including his grandma & grandpa, a grand total of 7....at 1 table :) Actually I should say I'M lucky that John has a great, wonderful and SMALL family. I love them all and they've been so loving & accepting of me and I couldn't ask for a better family...nor do I think I could handle someone that had a big family like mine. After dinner John's dad put on one of his notorious slide show performances. I got to see a cute picture of John when he was little dressed up as "Big Bird" for Halloween :) His mom promise to get me prints :) Tomorrow we'll be going to my step-dad's for pie :) Happy Thanksgiving to all, I hope everyone had a wonderful day and rememered everything that they are thankful for.
The man of the house, my oldest brother Shane, cutting the Turkey

Table #1 - the adult's

Table #2 - the kids

2 comments:

Destini said...

Sounds like a great day!

Courtney said...

I wish I got to go to a Thanksgiving breakfast. :)