Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to me...I'm goin to Graceland!!!

Yesterday was my official birthday. As in my previous post, and my complaints to everyone who asked about my upcoming big 3-0 birthday, I was not happy about it. I finally decided to take the day off from work. Mostly just so I could sleep in, which I did. And because I could sleep in, I stayed up the night before my birthday watching medical mystery shows in bed (which I love), and at midnight I got a glass of wine and toasted to myself. (John was asleep). "Happy Birthday you old woman!"

My mom had planned to take me to a fancy lunch at "La Caille" but the morning of my birthday she found out they do not do lunch, only dinner. So we went to "The Cheesecake Factory" instead. The waiters & waitresses sang Happy Birthday and gave me the most delicious Strawberry Shortcake dessert with "Happy Birthday Tahna" written in chocolate around the plate.

Afterwards we went to see "He's just not that into you" in Jordan Landing. I LOVED the movie and I had fun hanging out with just me & my mom like old times. We would've gone shopping like we both love to do, but it was raining too much. I actually loved my day with my mom and it was perfect. When I got home I got ready and John took me to dinner at "Tiburon" my all time favorite restaurant. I chose an Italian bottle of wine (2007 Kris Pinot Grigio) that went wonderful with my Rocky Mountain Elk tenderloin with a creamy mushroom duxelle green peppercorn demi-glace. It's SO delicious! When we got home I got to open my presents which were actually hints to my REAL present. The first was a jug of Jim Beam which I kind of sarcastically guessed, "are we going to the Jim Beam distillery?" The second was a book. But not just any book. It was a pop-up book of............GRACELAND!!! Yes, the famous home of Elvis Presley himself!! I almost couldn't believe it that I kept interrupting John telling me about the trip just to make him confirm over & over again that we were going. The plan is to fly to Louisville, Kentucky to visit several distilleries, including the Jim Beam distillery. We will then drive to Nashville, Tennessee and do some sightseeing and take the General Jackson riverboat ride on the Cumberland River. After Nashville we will drive to Memphis, Tennessee where we will stay at Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel and take the Graceland Elvis Entourage VIP Tour. John's original plan was that we would be in Graceland on my birthday, but because its still cold in Tennessee, he decided to postpone until April when it's warmer. John is the most wonderful guy and he really made my 30th the most memorable birthday ever! Not to mention that I got a lot of loving & supporting texts and facebook messages that it made me feel good througout my whole day. Thank you everyone!! And thank you honey bunny for my AMAZING gift!! You truly understand my man crush of the century ;) lol

Me & Homer J with the Elvis glasses from the book

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Tahna! Your birthday sounds great! And your gift from John is so sweet and very exciting! You're so lucky! Make sure to visit the Woodford Reserve K. Well have fun, happy 30!