Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

This year we spent Father's Day weekend in New Mexico at my annual Halona Family Reunion. When we woke up Sunday morning, John's first words were "where's my present"? (He loves presents). So I crawled out of the tent, realized the present was in my bag that was inside the tent, so I crawled back into the tent and gave him his present. Amos and Homer, got him season 3 of "Northern Exposure" on DVD and 3 new Big Lebowski action figure sets. It was actually a picture of the figures because they haven't been released yet but I pre-ordered them. John is a big fan of "The Big Lebowski" and they have these cool action figures that he's been collecting. We then started packing up all of our stuff, relaxed for a little bit, gave my dad his present, and played with Amos and his ball. We have this thing that you can put the ball in, throw it and it goes a lot farther than if you were to throw it by hand. Amos is so fast that we have to use it so that he can actually chase his ball. We wanted to try and wear him out so that he would sleep most of the way home. It ended up turning into a family event. I would throw his ball and he would take off after it at full speed. My family would sit and watch, and one of my cousin's had a radar gun and would radar Amos to see how fast he would go. We clocked him at 44mph!! Around 11am we had brunch with the Halona clan and then left at about 12:30pm to drive home. We stopped briefly in Moab to eat, drove the rest of the way and pulled into Salt Lake County at about 8:00pm. We went straight to John's parents to see his dad, sprayed all the dirt off Amos and finally went home. Next year I think we'll spend the night in Moab on our way back or at least take Monday off to rest. But all in all it was a fun weekend. Happy Father's Day Dad!! You're the best!! Luv Amos Moses and Homer J

No comments: