Sunday, June 8, 2008

Let there be CAKE

Last wednesday our office celebrated my boss' 40th birthday. Since Destini and I have been expreimenting with fondant, we volunteered to make the cake. The theme of the party was "over the hill" type stuff, so we decided to make the cake like a coffin. The cake is a carrot cake an the top is actually a piece of cardboard that we cut out to use as a stencil for the cake. We didn't get the fondant as black as we had hoped, but it still turned out good. I crushed Oreos to spread around the cake so that it looks like dirt. I had fun making this with Destini at her house. She did most of the hard parts so most of the kudos go to her ;) Everyone loved it and we were so happy that the fondant turned out. I can't wait for another cake project!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: