Monday, June 30, 2008

Desiree's Baby Shower

Last Saturday I threw my little sister, Desiree', a baby shower. She is expecting a baby boy on August 22nd. We decided to have an Open House from 11am - 2pm instead of a traditional shower with games. I was supposed to be there by 9 to start setting up, but my alarm didn't go off and I ended up not getting there until 10:30!! We were running all over the place trying to get everything setup, food ready, decorations up, and quilt frames set. I was in such a hurry that I was cutting the fruit too fast and ended up cutting my finger pretty bad. It was deep and it was stinging. I happened to be cutting a lemon when I cut my finger so it wasn't pleasant. I wrapped a papertowel around it really tight for the rest of the shower and most of the afternoon. I couldn't put a band aid on it because it was bleeding too much. It finally stopped bleeding around 5:30pm. I probably should've gotten a stitch put on it but I didn't feel like going to the instacare. It's just a minor flesh wound. Anyway, the shower was a success. Everyone loved the food, Desiree' got a lot of gifts, and we got 3 quilts completed. I was happy that everything turned out and Desiree' was happy.

No comments: