Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 2 of my weekend alone - Who wants Pie!

Saturday morning, Homer & I went to Lynzie's house to make Peach Pies!! She has a few peach trees so we decided to make use of them and bake some pies while Homer & Chevy played around. Lynzie also happened to be dog-sitting Grandma Rasmussen's little dog, Pollyanna, and Marq's parents dog, Ricky, so we had a houseful of dogs.
The pie recipe we used was her grandma's. I have never made a pie before so I was a little nervous about screwing it up. Especially since I've heard pies are kind of hard to make. They took longer to make than I expected, but boy were they worth it! They turned out SO good and we were very proud of ourselves! Better than Marie Calendars ;) Next pie project....Apple!
After pie making, I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping! I went to Tai Pan, Barnes & Noble, Petsmart, & Wal-Mart. When I got home I made dinner and watched more chick flicks..."Made of Honor"; "50 First Dates"; "Steel Magnolias"; and "The Little Mermaid".

No comments: