Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 3 of my weekend alone - Hiking

Sunday was my last day alone. I slept in, and then laid in bed watching HGTV & Style with my coffee. Around 11:30, Homer J & I went for a hike with Lynzie, Chevy, and Polly (Grandma Rasmussen's dog) up Millcreek Canyon for some much needed exercise & fresh air. It turned out to be a pretty warm day and we laughed as Homer J laid down, superman style, in the water to cool off. All the fall colors were out and it was a fun hike and the kids were pretty good....except miss Chevy Lyn always wanted to be in front of the pack, LOL. Silly Chev :)
After the hike, I went home long enough to change and then headed down to my step-dad, Kent's in Santaquin to celebrate my step-mom, Suzanne's birthday. I kind of wanted to stay home and get things done around the house that I neglected to do during the weekend, but I also really wanted to see my family that I don't get to see very often. I had alot of fun and I'm glad I went. By the time I got home, John was back and we had a quiet evening watching tv before he passed out at 8pm. Poor thing was worn out. I enjoyed my weekend, even though I didn't get to do a lot of things I wanted to around the house. However, I got to watch a ton of chick flicks and spent time hanging out with my different family members & Lynzie. But I'm glad John & Amos are back! My bed was pretty empty & lonely without them :)

2 comments:

Destini said...

Wow sounds pretty fun, hopefully he had as mush fun while you were gone. I don't know how I missed these posts, I am usually so good at keeping up. Way to go on all the chick flick watching!

Rasmussens said...

What a fun weekend we had and the pies really WERE amazing! Cute pics! You've got to email them to me since I am cameraless :(