Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mom's bday at Mirror Lake

Sunday we took the boys and went to Mirror Lake up in the Uintah's with my family to celebrate my mama's birthay :) Even my brother in Logan brought his family and it was SO fun to have everyone together. I prepared a picnic for all 17 OF US with hoagies, fruit bowl, veggies w/dip, chips and I even made a cake. It was a lot of work but my mama is worth it! After we ate, we went fishing and walked around the lake. Half way around the lake, we let the dogs run around and play in the water. Amos had SO much fun learning how to swim with my brother's GINORMOUS Newfoundland, Tinkerbell, who is 2 times Amos' size. They would chase each other all around until someone threw the ball back into the water and then they would swim after it. My nephews also had some fun playing in the water and I enjoyed watching all 8 of them play around & fish. After awhile some of us walked around the entire lake. It turned out to be a beautiful day and I think my mom had a good time. Happy Birthday mom! You're the best mom anyone could hope for, you're our inspiration, our guiding light, our strongest supportor, and my best friend. I Love you!

2 comments:

Destini said...

Looks like it was a nice day for your mom. I heard it has been chilly up there, hope that didn't put a damper on the day. You are such a super woman!

Anonymous said...

Aaaugh! Summer is over! All well, bring on the snow! Happy B-day mother! We truly have a great mom!
-Mike