Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

As usual, our holidays are pretty hectic, so we split things up a little bit and spent Christmas Eve at my step-dad's house in Santaquin. We had a good time with food, drinks, games, presents & just hanging out. I won the word find game :) I'm really glad we split things up because we were able to spend a lot more time with my family that I don't get to see very often and John is so comfortable with my "Weight" family than anyone else. He likes talking with my dad "Papa Kent" :) I also had fun talking with other Twilight lovers :)

Amos & Homer J sleeping on Christmas Eve

Christmas Morning we slept in, opened our stockings only, and then went to John's parents for breakfast and presents. We didn't stay too long since we knew we would be back later in the evening. (I'm glad his parents only live a few blocks from us).
John & the boys with their stockingsMe & the boys
We went home to relax for a little bit and opened the rest of our presents. We do a good job of keeping our presents a secret from each other so that we are all surprised on Christmas day. John spoiled me as usual. Afterwards we headed to my mom's house for the afternoon. Because I'm so special (and her baby) my mom still gives me a stocking :) After my mom's we went to my dad's house. But before opening presents at my dad's, I had to help my brother Mike wrap all his presents!! Mike has a tradition that he does ALL his shopping on Christmas Eve and every year he never gets all his gifts wrapped & I end up having to help him. When we left my dad's, we went back to John's parents for dinner. I'm so grateful that John's family is SO flexible & they are always SO willing to work around my 3 families crazy schedule. We had a really good day and also had pretty good timing since we seemed to dodge traveling in the worst parts of the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day storms. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
John & his mom
Christmas morning mess (No we didn't get another 50" tv, I had to wrap one of john's presents in the tv box because he likes to shake his presents to guess what they are.)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Merry Christmas! Your Christmas sounded great! I'm glad to hear that John spoiled you! :)