Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Box House Quilts

For the past few weeks, my work has been working on making quilts for the kids at The Christmas Box House. Barb, Destini & I went to Joann's and picked out all the fabric. We chose fabrics for 5 boy and 5 girl quilts. We set up a quilt frame in an empty office for everyone to go in and work on tying a quilt whenever they wanted or could. We also had been successful in getting a few of the guys to do some ties and Monday the last quilt was done!! Thanks to everyone who helped with the quilts! They turned out to be SO cute and a few of us were tempted to keep some of them because they were so adorable :) On Tuesday afternoon, Barb, Destini and I went to The Christmas Box House to deliver the quilts along with a nice cash donation. They were thrilled and said they would let the kids who would be staying there for Christmas pick one for their gift :) That made me feel so good!! I have loved being active in this Charity that we've chosen this year and doing all I can to help out.

I chose this one....its one of my favorite boy ones. I love the monkeys :) My favorite girl quilt. I think Destini picked this one. I love the purple, pink & green together

1 comment:

Courtney said...

The quilts turned out great! That was a lot of fun.